The Pro Finishing Programme is a 3-month programme designed for students who have completed their Pro Kitchen Programme, or an equivalent programme from another culinary school.
For applicants who have qualified from another school, SCAFA will conduct a practical evaluation to assess their eligibility for the Pro Finishing Programme. Key features of the programme are:
- This programme prepares students for the finer aspects of the culinary arts and the business of running a restaurant.
- The programme is operated from the School’s student run, teaching restaurant, SCAFÉ, where students are taught a range of practical skills in a real operational environment.
- Students will learn skills ranging from running a business in the hospitality industry, menu development and costing, purchasing and managing produce, professional service, fine dining preparation, presentation and plating, palate development and restaurant operations.
- The School’s restaurant is the special platform from which these skills are taught to students.
- The class size is restricted to 6 students only to ensure each student gets individual attention.
- Upon successful completion of the Pro-Finishing programme, students can attain a City & Guilds Level 3 certification after taking auxillary course units.
The programme will cover the following areas:
|Week 1 - 3
- Kitchen structure
- Mise en place
|Week 4 - 5
- Standard recipes
|Week 6 - 8
- Market analysis
|Week 9 - 13
- Dish development
- Menu development, engineering & design
- Menu launch
|Week 1 - 13
Programme fees cover:
- All course and study material
- Ingredients, tool and equipment
Chef Francisco on SCAFA Programmes
Contact SCAFA at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on registration deadlines and payment options for the October 2016 and January 2017 intake.